If you can, search for a friendly theme for your website to please Google Panda. Panda is an algorithm update created by Google which evaluates sites according to its design, user's experience, quality of content and the usage metrics. Your website will receive an upgrade should it has an easy navigation, the content are short but regularly high in quality and more visitors spend longer time in browsing.
To improve your ranking in search engine, make sure you consistently perform the following activities:
1) Create juicy contents in various types (articles, videos, podcasts, infographics, slide-shares, polls, etc.)
2) When writing articles, make sure to insert your primary keyword in the title and body.
3) Join Q&A sites such as Quora and answer questions that are related in your niche.
4) Participate regularly in niche-related forums and provide clear answers in various threads.
5) Share and circulate your content in social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn.
This post has been edited by deanaov: Jun 16 2012, 12:38 PM