The following items cover some issues that can contribute to a high bounce rate:
1. Single-Page Site - If you have only one page on your site (a blog, for example), Google Analytics doesn't register multiple pageviews
unless visitors reload that page. As a result, single-page sites tend to have high bounce rates.
2. Verify Your Tracking Code - If you're seeing a high bounce rate from a multiple-page site, check to see that you've added the tracking
code to all your pages.
3. Redesigning the entrance (or landing) pages
4. Optimizing those pages so they correlate better with the search terms that bring users to your site, with ads you're running, or with
keywords you've purchased
5. Changing the ads or keywords to better reflect page content
6. User Behavior - Other factors may be solely attributed to the visitor's behavior. For example, if a user bookmarks a page on your site,
visits it, and leaves, then that's considered a bounce.