QUOTE(TheEstore007 @ Dec 1 2012, 02:27 PM)
Lowering the electric bill is easy when following the simple tips in this article. Habits of leaving all the lights on in the house can cause the electric bill to sky rocket. Reduce the electric bill starting now with these tips:
1. Turn off the lights. If no one is in the room, turn off the lamps.
2. Light a candle in the bathroom. Even a small candle can provide enough light for just using the toilet.
3. Replace bulbs with energy efficient bulbs. This can reduce the monthly electric bill by $20.00.
4. Use natural lighting as much as possible. Open the curtains during the day.
Power strips are a great investment. Hook up all the cords behind the entertainment center and computer desk to power strips. Most televisions, video games, and modems have stand by lights on all night which are using electricity. Turn the power strips off when not in use or at least before going to bed to keep the electronics from pulling energy.
1. Unplug the toaster, the coffee maker, or any other appliances when not in use.
2. Wash clothes in cold water then run them through a second spin cycle. Hang to dry.
3. Use the microwave or a gas grill. Heating up an electric oven uses a lot of energy.
4. Turn off the heated dry setting on the dishwasher. Washing dishes by hand takes some time, but can save money.
READ YOUR METER
Some electric companies will average your usage. Keeping up with the meter readings will allow for contesting the bill if itís incorrect.
Some electric companies have peak times for electric use. Find out what the local electric company considers peak times and wash clothes and run the dishwasher during the off peak hours.
EDUCATE YOUR CHILDREN
1. Children are sometimes at fault by leaving on lights, televisions, and radios. Encourage them to turn it off when itís not needed.
2. Make sure children arenít sneaking to turn the thermostat up or down.
To, find out more just check out this amazing site on my Signature Link!!
These tips are really helpful and I think we are at a point where we all will have to make attempts to save the situation. Thanks for sharing it with us.