QUOTE(samedavis @ Jan 28 2013, 11:15 AM)
Top Traffic Sources
1) Organic - Google rankings -> traffic -> conversions -> profit (if done properly)
2) Email - Capture the leads, drip feed to nurture then reap the reward as they move into sales-ready position
3) Referrals - Build relationships with complimentary service/product providers and cross-promote
4) Paid Search - Buy traffic, fine tune the landing pages and messaging, and generate positive ROI
5) Social - Get some Pinterest/Facebook/Twitter/Stumbleupon traffic and accept the reduced conversion rate as a cost of business in lieu of brand building
Just have a look to YouTube as well, youTube ranks different from google itself (panda/penguin etc..). The old fashioned tricks still work there... so if you are going to rank, rank on youtube first. Plan and execute well and you can get a lot of traffic.