QUOTE(ICM Capital @ Feb 8 2013, 01:56 PM)
1. Do not overtrade
◦Trade within your means
◦Use 1/3 of your total margin only
2. Always use protective stops to limit losses
◦Go in with a plan
◦Don't trade impulsively
◦Have predetermined risk as well as profit
◦Don't move stops higher or lower and say "It'll come back."
3. Diversify your portfolio
◦Try to avoid "Loading up" in any one commodity or product
4. Keep emotions in tact
◦Don't make trading decisions based on "Fear and Greed", as hard as this may be
◦Make decisions away from the market - "Don't be a screen watcher"
◦Don't let ego get in the way
5. Trade in the direction of the immediate trend
◦Don't try to pick bottoms or tops
6. Don't add to losing positions - get out!
◦Don't Average "Down" or "Up"
7. Keep it simple, more complicated is not always better
◦Trade within your understanding of the markets
8. Employ approximately a 3:1 reward to risk ratio
◦Don't ever risk $2 to make $1
9. Always be a student and keep learning
10. Above all, be disciplined
Very informative tips for newbie, I liked best your tips number 9 " Always be a student and keep learning"
Yes, each and ever moment we should emphasis more on learning.