Health emergencies happen every day, and usually at the most inconvenient times! Wise families keep an urgent care facility's number on their refrigerator so that if something comes up after-hours, they'll be ready to get the help they need quickly and efficiently. Emergency rooms are not always the best choice: here are 10 reasons to choose urgent care (UC) instead.
1. Urgent care facilities offer 90 percent of the services that an ER can provide within a much faster time frame.
2. They welcome walk-in sick services when your regular doctor or emergency room can't or won't: including evening hours and weekends.
3. You will get friendlier service than at an Urgent Care Las Vegas because the staff is not overwhelmed by constant trauma.
4. You will not be as likely to be exposed to infectious diseases like you are at a hospital.
5. Urgent care facilities accept nearly all types of personal insurance coverage as well as workers' comp and motor vehicle accident policies.
6. There's probably one near your home: no more driving long distances to find a hospital!
7. It is not unusual to wait for hours before being seen in an emergency room: not so at your neighborhood UC.
8. UC facilities have a less sterile and impersonal atmosphere: if you have young kids, they are less likely to be as scared by their experience.
9. The quality of the care you receive at urgent care can be as good as or even better than those received at other health care providers'.
10. Most UC providers offer a comprehensive list of testing and lab services, so you don't have to bounce from provider to provider.
Of course there are times when going to an emergency room is an absolute necessity. But for those instances when an urgent care provider will do just as well, it's a terrific alternative.