There are probably millions of other websites that offer a product or service that is somewhat similar to yours. Competition is very high in internet marketing. In the first instance, it takes some advertising in order to get visitors to your website; it is therefore very essential that you increase the chance that these visitors will buy from your website.
Outlined below are some tips you can use to make sure that your website visitors do not leave your website without buying.
• Have a professional and well laid out website. You must have a friendly website that is easy to navigate. A customer-friendly and clearly laid-out website is a definite way of retaining your online customers. If your website is not easy to navigate and takes a lot of time for the prospect to find what they want; they will leave and you will lose a sale.
• Give away a lot of benefits. Everyone appreciates something for free. Offer free tips, information, ‘stuff’ or anything else related to what your website offers. It helps to make a your website a ‘one-stop-shop’ where the prospects or online customer can get more information about the topic related to your products and services – so make sure you have a lot of free information, tips and articles on your website. It is important to have some valuable benefits which your online customers would really appreciate getting after buying from you.
• Care for your customers. It is very important that you are always ready to help, answer any questions or offer some advice. Be polite to your customers. Show them that you really care about them.
• Easy, free and speedy communication. You will need to make it easy for your prospects and online customers to get in touch with you. You must have many contact alternatives on your website; namely email address, toll free fax or telephone number, subject to what you see suitable for you and your business. You must check your emails on a regular basis and respond to any queries as soon as you can.
• Make regular contact. It is important for you to proactively stay in contact with your prospects and online customers. Offer a free e-course or e-zine subscription on your website so that you keep in touch with your website’s visitors. This will help you create trust with your prospects, and soon they will be your online customers.
By simply following the 5 tips stated above, you can retail your customers and grow your business.