QUOTE(Taviuss @ Mar 26 2014, 08:28 AM)
These are often not real addresses, or outdated addresses, or people who aren't interested in your product.
The best way to get email addresses is through advertising and social media marketing.
If you have the money, paid advertising is always best.
So now you have the leads.. now what?
Ideally, you want to keep your email list engaged, and opening your emails.
There are really two ways to handle your email list.
The biggest failure that is common everywhere in email marketing is to spam the list like mad.
What happens here?
You may get one or two emails opened, but you will find that people stop opening your emails.
They know that all they get from you is spam, so just like you would do they trash the emails, maybe even add you to their junk mail list.
So how do you keep them engaged?
Give them something of value!
I personally offer things like this blog post, to help them out with their business.
Because they see things of value coming from you - some gold nuggets for their interests - they are more likely to keep opening emails from you.
If 80% of the emails are education, they are more likely to open the other 20%.
Think about what you want in your own inbox.
Keep that as a model, and know that if you would keep up with it, others will too.
Admittedly, not everyone is going to open your emails.
Some are going to just opt out.
You want them to unsubscribe if they aren't interested... That makes your marketing more effective to the people who are really interested!
The moral of the story here is to give them value, and you can put in pitches periodically but don't do it all the time!
From someone I know who has it down to an art, you should follow an 80/20 rule.
Give value 80% of the time, and present products the other 20%.
By doing that, you are going to keep your list active, and also you are going to get more sales!
This is great advice!
I love email marketing and I believe it is the only solid business platform online!