A tax pro answers questions she hears most often and quashes some myths. The same questions have been coming up for years. To save you and your tax preparer some time and maybe quash a few misconceptions, here are answers to five of the questions I hear most often.
1. Isn't a bigger refund better?
2. Why am I taxed on my state refund?
3. Why am I paying tax on Social Security? Isn't this my own money, taxed twice?
4. Should I pay off my mortgage, when it means losing my mortgage deduction?
5. Should I tap my retirement account to pay off my credit cards?
[Read her answers here]